- From Big Data to AI via Data Science
- Data-driven Decision Making for Data-driven Organizations
- What are Big Data, Data Science and AI?
- How do Big Data, Data Science and AI support Data-driven Decision Making?
- Who is using Big Data, Data Science and AI?
Diving into AI
- solving problems the AI way [drawings]
- coding vs. machine learning/AI
- Gradient Descent as a general procedure
- supervised machine learning
- Predicting the price of diamonds (a prototypical regression problem) with linear regression [drawing]
- Supporting Human Resources in hiring fresh graduates (a prototypical classification problem) based on Logistic Regression [drawing]
- finding the regression line using gradient descent [drawings]
- A single neuron in a neural network is “just” a binary classifier
- A neural network can solve complex classification problems
- a sigle layer of neurons hardly works (even if in theory enough neurons do)
- multiple layers (deep learning) easily solves the problem
- unsupervised machine learning
- Placing shops given distribution of buyers with desired segment solution using k-means [video]
- beware confirmation bias
- Ethics and legal implications
Do you want to learn more?
Check-out “Data Science for Business Innovation” on Coursera